Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks, Round Two!


Hope everyone's week is starting out right! As we're all shifting gears to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's important to remind ourselves of the things that we have to be thankful for. So here's our annual list from the PR/PR staff!

Russell Trahan
1. A creative, energetic and supporting staff.
2. Interesting clients who are wanting to expand their reach.
3. Colleagues with sound advice who are never too busy to mentor.
4. Professional organizations dedicated to the advancement of their members.
5. Family and friends who make everything worth working for.

Amanda Tucker
1. Family. I've been blessed with a large, supportive and silly family. I couldn't imagine better people to be surrounded by.
2. My puppy, Blake. He brings a tremendous amount of joy into my life.
3. Pinterest. Where else would I find all the best cupcake recipes and inspirational quotes in one place?
4. Good friends I can always count on.
5. The quote, "Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms." This phrase has helped me see the positive side of many difficult situations.

Lindsay Durfee
1. The unintentionally hilarious things Russell says, i.e. Denton, FL instead of Destin, FL (I couldn't tell you why this was so funny at the time.) And his sense of humor for letting us laugh at him!
2. Notre Dame being the #1 ranked college football team in the country (knock on wood for this weekend.) Go Irish!
3. The level of health and personal happiness I was able to achieve and retain this year.
4. Wonder in-laws, with whom I can't wait to spend Thanksgiving, and time to visit my own parents at New Years.
5. An amazing husband who gets me, loves me just the way I am, and finds ways to make me laugh everyday (and now I am tearing up as I type.)

Carter Breazeale
1. Having a job that doesn't feel like work, with people who feel like friends as opposed to simply coworkers.
2. My friends and family who put up with my sarcastic and cynical sense of humor.
3. Alkaline Trio's record, "From Here to Infirmary." Everyone should own it.
4. The Atlanta Falcons football team for being 9-1, even if their wins are ugly and frustrating.
5. Gabriel Garcia Marquez, specifically the novel, "One Hundred Years of Solitude." My world was shaken for about a week after reading that book. 

We hope you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!